Our company focus is on business computers, but we often get asked about home computers. It is just as important to protect your home computers as it is to protect your business computers. In fact, it is almost more important now with all the remote work. Here are a few tips to help secure your home computers.
- Use a security suite to protect your computer – here is a good comparison of several different products: http://bit.ly/2RZWKbb
- Do not use the same passwords for multiple websites or logins. This way any password that may get stolen cannot be used to hack other services. It also means changing a stolen password one time at the affected service instead of having to do it for every service.
- Always install all available Microsoft (or Apple if you have a MAC) updates. This ensures that any known security holes in Windows or OS X are fixed on your computer.
- Make sure your wireless network is secured with a strong passphrase. Here are some tips for how to setup and manage your wireless router: http://bit.ly/2RwxLwt
- Check out our tweet from last week for a handy work from home security checklist: https://bit.ly/30VWtsI
Sign up for our monthly Timely Tech Tips: http://bit.ly/CBTech-Tips For weekly tips like these, follow us on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2sCMb30 LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/375e6HB Twitter: http://bit.ly/3ajca0n